If you’ve ever wondered whether the Linux penguin knew something you should know, here’s where to find out. This plain-English guide walks you through installing Linux, using the desktop and tools like OpenOffice.org, securing your system, and more. You even get to check out seven different Linux flavors and pick the one you like best.
Discover how to:
- Prepare your computer and install Linux.
- Choose and set up software.
- Connect to the Internet.
- Explore Skype phone service.
- Use the GNOME and KDE desktops.
- Work with multimedia tools.